My goal for this breakfast was to make something sweet and tasty without adding extra sugar (I think Iâ€™m over sugar â€“ at least temporarily â€“ after the great Christmas cookie extravaganza of 2010). This dish totally hit the mark. I love the flavors the corn muffin mix adds to the dish, too.
Ingredients (for a single serving):
- 1 banana
- 1/8 cup raw oatmeal
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pancake mix
- 1/4 cup corn muffin mix (I used Bobâ€™s Red Mill)
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease mini casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except 1/2 the banana.
- Use a spoon or fork to mash up the 1/2 banana in the mix.
- Pour mix into casserole dish and slice rest of the banana on top.
- Bake for 24 minutes or until firm.
- Let stand for a few minutes and serve.