Iâ€™ve been racking my brains for some new recipes (well, specifically non-dairy recipes since the Husband is pretty hardcore right now). And I think I finally have a great one for you. Plus, itâ€™s super simple (as always)â€¦ I bet you already have most of these ingredients on hand!
This great pasta salad is warm â€“ not cold and not hot â€“ and is drizzled in a sweet, tangy balsamic reduction. Drool!
Vegetable Pasta Salad
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 servings whole wheat pasta
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 can baby corn
- 3/4 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 portabella mushroom cap
- 10 Brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash sweet potato, stab with fork, wrap in wet paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Rinse Brussel sprouts and trim. Cut into bite-sized pieces and then microwavable glass bowl. After the sweet potato is done, put the Brussel sprouts in for 4 minutes.
- Bring pot of water to boil and add pasta. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Slice slightly cooked sweet potato and place on cookie sheet. Drain Brussel sprouts and add next to the sweet potatoes. Roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Slice mushroom.
- Add to cookie sheet and cook everything for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, mix with arugula and baby corn (the arugula will wilt when you add it to the bowl).
- Remove vegetables and put on top of pasta.
- Add vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. Toss and let stand.
- Meanwhile, bring balsamic vinegar to boil and reduction using the method in this recipe.
- Plate pasta and pour balsamic reduction on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Itâ€¦ wasâ€¦ divine. One of the best at-home dinners Iâ€™ve had in a while!
Yes, we ate on the floor.
I had a great dessert as well!
I microwaved 1/4 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cup almond milk and then added a crumbled brownie. Topped with cinnamon!
Off to work on my Speedy 5K/No More Trouble Zones training plan! Will reveal tomorrow! Oh, and Iâ€™m munching on more melon!
Hope you had a good weekend, too. 🙂