Catching up on the weekend?:
- Ashleyâ€™s Half Ironman Recap
- How to be a Great Spectator
- My Thoughts on Riding 100 Miles on May 23 + a Recap of My Training to Date
Donâ€™t forget! Tickets for the 2nd Annual Healthy Living Summit, which will be held August 13- 15 in Chicago, will go on sale Wednesday, May 19 at 9:00 PM EST. There are 200 tickets for sale at $75 each and will go on a first-come, first-serve basis. The complete agenda will be available before Wednesday, but hereâ€™s a rough draft of what to expect. Weâ€™re using a new ticket system this year so things will hopefully go smoothly, but last year we sold out in 20 minutesâ€¦ so GET READY!
Today marks the beginning of an insane period in my life, so I figured I needed a stabilizing breakfast.
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rice milk (We bought a case of rice milk from Costco so expect to see no almond milk in my immediate future)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 banana
- Toppings: raspberries and blackberries
There is no oatmeal topping better than fresh berries, in my opinion! Mmmm.
Itâ€™s kind of dreary out, so I think Iâ€™m going to hit the gym instead of cycling or running outside. Hopefully, I can squeeze in one last ride tomorrow because I need to figure out how to take my bike apart and put it in a box for the airplane ride to California, and I donâ€™t want to wait until the last minute!
The Beginning of Insanity
Why is my life about to become so insane? Wellâ€¦
- This week: Travel to Napa Valley and complete my Century race.
- Next week: Travel to Pittsburgh for my best friend Sarahâ€™s bachelorette party.
- The week after that: Travel to Charlotte to find a new home.
- June 7: Our friends + their baby come to Orlando to visit.
- June 14: My husband graduates from acupuncture school!!! Family will be visiting.
- June 21: Pack up our house.
- June 28: Move to Charlotte.
- June 30: Drive to Tennessee to see my mom and drop off our dogs.
- June 31: Drive to Altoona, Pennsylvania for Sarahâ€™s wedding.
- July 5 â€“ 9: Couch surf in Pennsylvania for the week.
- July 10: Celebrate our other friendsâ€™ wedding.
- July 11: Drive back to Tennessee to pick up our dogs.
- July 12: Drive back to Charlotte to finally unpack our new home and start our new life, including the Husbandâ€™s practice.
- The rest of the month seems like it will be calm, but thenâ€¦
- August 3: My book is released!
- August 13 â€“ 15: The Healthy Living Summit in Chicago.
Also, at some point in the process, I need to write Book #2 proposal and work with my agent to sell it. I nearly hyperventilated just thinking about it all!
Are you going through major life changes soon, too? Any suggestions on how I should manage the stress? Thereâ€™s going to be a lot of it!