I needed an extra something-something in my oatmeal today:
So I made my favorite oatmeal variety: Double Shot Oatmeal, which contains COFFEE!
Double Shot Oatmeal contains:
- 1/2 oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 sliced banana
- Toppings: brown sugar, pecans, and flax
Mmmm. I feel more awake already!
Real Women Do Push-Ups
I have been SLACKING on my push-ups lately! I normally try to do 30 push-ups at least four times a week, but I keep forgetting to do my push-ups.
Why do I LOVE push-ups?
- You can see a real increase in your ability to do push-ups within just a few days. When I started doing push-ups, I could do 5 at a time (girl-style!). But I kept at it and now I can out-push-up some of my male friends.
- Push-ups build your chest, tricep, and shoulder muscles.
- Push-ups work your abdominal muscles.
- Push-ups make running more efficient — it’s easier to hold yourself in proper running position if you have a strong upper body.
- Push-ups can be done any where at any time — I used to do them at work in my cubicle!
On that note, I’m going to get BACK in the push-up swing.
Today I did 40 push-ups (2 sets of 15 and 1 set of 10). Whew!
Do you love push-ups? Do you love to hate push-ups? Are you going to drop down right now and bang out a set? Why not!?!?! 🙂
I can't do push ups! I do them girl-style haha but I bet if I kept at it, I'd get better at it. I always stay in plank for the push up part of my pilates class! haha.
How much coffee do you put in your oatmeal!? That sounds good!