Good morning! I feel so ridiculously rested after getting a good night’s sleep. :) I’m UP and ready to SIEZE THE DAY!
Last night I made a random quiche for dinner. I had 1/2 a polenta log leftover and I wanted to somehow use it up:
Cheesy Polenta Quiche (serves 4):
- 7 eggs, beaten and separated into two bowls: 5 eggs in a larger bowl and 2 eggs in a smaller bowl
- 1/2 log polenta
- 1/4 skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- Handful chopped raw kale
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pasta sauce (to taste)
- Beat 5 eggs, shredded cheese, milk, salt and pepper, and kale together.
- Pour 1/2 the mix into a small casserole dish (an 8-inch round works perfectly).
- Slice 1/2 a polenta log into about 1/4 inch thin strips. Layer half of the polenta strips on top of the egg mixture.
- Pour the other 1/2 of the egg mix over the polenta slices.
- Top with other 1/2 of the polenta slices.
- Beat 2 remaining eggs together and pour over top of polenta slices.
- Cook for 50 minutes at 350 until golden crisp on the top and firm to the touch.
- Let cool for 3 minutes before slicing.
- Pour warm pasta sauce over the top.
- Viola! Enjoy!
It was a great quiche and the polenta gave it a little extra "staying power."
Next up: brekkie!
Yesterday I used a little extra pancake batter to make a whole wheat waffle, which I froze and reheated this AM. I topped it off with blackberries, banana, and yogurt.
As ya’ll know, I work on Saturday from 8 AM to 3 PM, so I packed my lunch:
The star is rice, broc, and chickpeas. Eaten cold and straight out of my purse. 🙂
And I’m taking carrots and grapes for snackies:
The Saturday notes are up! Check them out.
My favorite of the day (it’s so hard to choose!) was from Debbie at Oh So Ravenous. She posted this note in the bathroom of an eating disorder treatment clinic. Debbie said, "I couldn’t think of a better place to post!"
We have a full day planned! After work, the Husband and I are going to the beach for a little picnic. :) I’m really looking forward to it.
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!