Today has been a whirlwind. I have SO much to do with my job, the blog(s), and the Summit that I was up at 5:00 AM to work. The Husband sleepily asked as I got out of bed "What’s wrong?" and I just replied, "I have to work!"
Maggie looked pretty pissed that I made her get up at 5:00 AM. She stuck her head under the couch pillows and went back to sleep:
But seriously, I love it! I don’t mind pulling 17-hour days because I’m doing what I love to do (and paying the bills). Do you work a lot of hours, too?
My breakfast was simple because I was in no mood to cook this AM:
Yogurt + blueberries and a bagel with PB.
Since I ate breakfast so earlier, I was super hungry by 9:30 and had a lovely snack:
I am never going through the headache of chopping up a cantaloupe again. Eating half of it with a spoon was so fun! And so easy.
Lunch was my 12-Minute Pasta:
Ingredients (for 1):
- 1 serving of dry pasta, any shape
- 1/4 chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup white kidney beans
- 1/2 cup fresh kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Boil water and add pasta.
- While pasta cooks, microwave beans so they are warm and put chopped red pepper on the George Foreman to blacken.
- After pasta has cooked for 7 minutes, add kale to the water and let cook 2 more minutes.
- Drain pasta + kale, add back to pot.
- In pot, mix together the grilled pepper, pasta sauce, and beans.
- Serve and top with cheese and pepper.
So good and SO fast!
Dessert was two pieces of Dove chocolate (which I began to eat without a picture… oops. Bad blogger!):
The Wednesday notes for Operation Beautiful are available! Here are two of my favorite ones from today:
Angie from Angie All The Way posted this note on a scale outside of GNC that hollers at you when you walk by, “Have you checked your weight today?”.
And Lauren stuck these notes around her YMCA gym:
Check out the rest of Wednesday’s notes here!