Lunch was light yet satisfying today:
I made a yummy cottage cheese wrap with some lettuce in a Flat Out Wrap:
Plus a side of strawberries with a chopped carrot:
Dessert was one of the amazing Medjool dates from Oh! Nuts:
I just made my first mid-afternoon snack and it’s — surprise, surprise — a Green Monster!
Why I’m Turning into a Green Monster
You’ll be seeing a lot of GM on the blog, and there’s a very good reason why! As you may know, I’m seriously addicted to my yogurt and granola mid-afternoon snack, and it’s a habit I would like to break. Not because yogurt and granola is "bad" but because I’d like to start cutting down on my processed foods and granola can be very filling if I don’t carefully watch portion control.
Angela’s Green Monster seems like the perfect fit to replace yogurt and granola (although I’ll still enjoy that occasionally!). I love the taste of GMs and it fills me up.
The Green Monsters contain:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond breeze milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 2 cups kale
Most importantly, Green Monsters are a nutritional powerhouse! In fact, 1 Green Monster contains:
- 420 mg of potassium
- More than 260% of your daily required intake of Vitamin A
- More than 175% of your daily required intake of Vitamin C
- 25% of your daily required intake of Vitamin D
- 30% of your daily required intake of Calcium
- 10% of your daily required intake of Iron
- Tons of heart-healthy Omega fatty acids
- A mere 215 calories!
What is your favorite healthy snack?