Evening! Thank goodness it’s Friday! I worked all day on stuff for the holistic clinic and the blog, and now I’m just happy to be relaxing.
Unfortunately, my knee was still hurting today so I skipped the gym. I took the dogs on another long walk, which helped me feel less "blah" for lack of exercise. The most difficult part of the running hiatus is definitely keeping mentally sane — my lack of daily movement is getting to me!
Mid-afternoon snacks included a big bowl of fruit.
And a crushed Kashi TLC bar with some Chobani.
Dinner was a very special treat from FoodBuzz! Expect to see this lovely treat on many blogs soon. I had a little sample of pasta in a big old box! 🙂
Mmm! A free sample of Buitoni Riserva All Natural Wild Mushroom Agnolotti!
I had one serving with some organic pasta sauce. This stuffed pasta was really, really good. I’m a huge fan of frozen ravioli and whatnot because they are just so EASY!
Plus, a crisp side salad.
It’s highly likely I’ll have a glass of milk later tonight.
Runner’s World Recommendations for Healthy Joints
RW has a very interesting video on what foods to eat to maintain joint health! Check it out here.
The Power Foods/Nutrients include:
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids – found in salmon, sardines, and other fatty fishes. Also found in ground or milled flax seed.
- Whole Grains – found in oatmeal, brown rice, and whole wheat cereal.
- Anthocyanins – found in TART cherries in the form of juice, dried tart cherries, or canned tart cherries. Anthocyanins helps decrease inflammation.
- Carotenoids – found in deep green or deep orange foods. Also helps decrease inflammation.
- Catechins, Ginerols, and Curcumin – found in green tea, fresh ginger, and the spice turmeric. All three have great anti-inflammatory affects.
YAY, healthy joints! Have a great night!
Hooray for healthy joints and delish power foods!! 🙂