Good morning! How are you?
I’ve been dreaming of this breakfast!
My ‘base’ was two Hodgson’s Mills InstaBake waffles. I added a tablespoon of ground flax to the batter for some extra Omega 3’s!
I topped the yummy, warm waffles off with some Chobani vanilla yogurt, sliced strawberries, and blackberries.
I’m SO glad I "discovered" that yogurt on waffles is much, much more satisfying than maple syrup. I feel like waffles do not absorb maple syrup as well as pancakes, and then I end up using MORE syrup than is really necessary.
Yogurt is the perfect way to make my waffles moist, sweet, and delish!
I read an article in the Triathlon magazine last night about how important gratitude is to successful training. Races are won by people who not only train hard, but are GRATEFUL for that their bodies can do. It is extremely important for our physical health and mental stamina that we take time out of each day to think about all the things we are grateful for.
In fact, according to the article, people who write down what they are grateful for are significantly happier than people who do not verbalize their thankfulness.
I am grateful for:
- The fact that I live a comfortable life in a nice apartment and eat healthy, nutritious foods.
- My family and friends, who are so kind and giving.
- My health and my ability to improve it even more through healthy choices.
- My supportive Husband.
- This wonderful community of bloggers and readers that I am lucky to be a part of.
- That I can exercise at all, even if I cannot run the distances I would like to.
What are you grateful for?