It was a typical Monday morning…. I was typing, typing, typing away and eating my lunch:
Which included grapes, a carrot, and a veggie burger on an English Muffin.
When suddenly I smelled…. WAIT — IS THAT SMOKE!?
I rushed outside to discover the area under the stairs leading up to my apartment was on FIRE! I quickly sprinted back up the stairs (with my knees screaming), grabbed the fire extinguisher, and called 9-1-1. I tried to put out the fire on my own, but it was useless, so I ran BACK up the stairs and grabbed Maggie and James (um, and my camera).
Not more than 5 minutes later, three fire trucks arrived….
…Plus loads of hottie firemen! (Sorry, Husband… but it’s true. Engine #11 is totally drool-worthy).
Smoking up a storm! They brought out a giant saw, cut through the stucco, and rummaged up my stairs for about an hour.
Our house is on fire! 🙁
But luckily, everything is OK and no one is hurt! Just a lot of excitement. The fireman said a rogue cigarette butt caused the fire. Don’t ash in the grass, people! (Or smoke ciggies at all… it’s yuck).
Back to work! Whew!
Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? This is my third time using one…. but once was just for fun. 🙂