I was determined to do something different in the kitchen for dinner that was within the Crap Free Week guidelines.
Using this recipe of mine as a base, I made Mini Santa Fe Casseroles.
They were so delightful — and easy!
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/8 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- Heat over to 350.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease the inside of three cupcake tins.
- Pour mix into tins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes before popping out of tins.
- Add 1/4 cup of organic pasta sauce on the side for dipping.
This recipe definitely helped me break the monotony of Crap Free Week! I ate about 2.25 of the casseroles.
Other snacks this afternoon included…. apricots (no picture) and dates.
And PB with carrots…
Today was my "Rest Day" so I took the opportunity to clean up the house. 🙂 I did walk to the post office to mail my dad’s present… it was a nice 10-minute each-way stroll.
In regards to the afternoon post about babies… In response to my comment that, "You can’t crate a baby while you go for a 10 mile run. Enough said." … My Dad e-mailed me with, "Not only did we crate you regularly, but we kept you on a leash."
Hahah… have you ever seen those rowdy kids at the malls with leashes on their wrists or backpacks? Yea… that was me! You?