I’m so disappointed I have to work today — I would really like to watch television all day long.
I settled for Inauguration Oatmeal. 🙂
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 sliced banana
- Toppings: strawberries, blueberries, and granola
It felt patriotic and delicious! Yay, America!
So I have terrible Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) in my legs from Sunday’s 12.0 miler (ouch, ouch, ouch!). And I have immediate soreness in my arms and back from weightlifting last night. I haven’t done weights in so long — and it definitely shows!
What’s Your Mantra?
I was reading some message boards on Cool Runnings last night about running mantras. So many runners have funny mantras; some have super serious mantras. Here are some of the best!
- Screw it; run through it!
- I’m a machine and can go forever!
- Second Place is the First Loser!!!
- The only person who can beat you is you…and I’m pretty sure you can take her.
- SEE THE HILL — TAKE THE HILL!
- The only easy day was yesterday!
My mantra is "Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever." I internally yell it to myself whenever I want to quit on a run.
Do you have a workout mantra? What is it? Do you tend to think positively ("You are AWESOME") or negatively ("Come on, you lazy bum! RUN!") when you are motivating yourself?