Good afternoon! I just went for a FABULOUS 7.0 mile Christmas Eve run! It felt amazing. It was definitely one of those runs during which I did NOT mind running at all! I felt like I could’ve run forever.
Before I left, I decided to have a little snack. I tried these new Powerade Gel Blasts:
Six of the Chew Blasts have 130 calories. I popped four in my mouth before leaving on my run. They were pretty yummy, but I still prefer the more economical Gummy Bears!
As mentioned, my run was sooo relaxing. I didn’t set out with a distance in mind, so I just ran until I felt like turning around. 🙂
Here are my statistics:
- Duration: 1 hour, 9 minutes (7.0 miles)
- Average Heart Rate: 167 bpm
- Maximum Heart Rate: 182 bpm
- Calories Burned: 603
When I got home, I refueled with a glass of skim milk + a scoop of ImmunPlex Protein Powder. I love the simple ingredient list on this protein powder!
Afterwards, I dashed around the house like a crazy person, pulling together Future Husband and the dogs for the road trip to my in-law’s Christmas celebration.
When packing was done, I had a nice lunch. I started off with vanilla yogurt and Grape Nuts.
And I also had a grilled cheese sammie and carrots.
I put some cucumber slices into the sammie for a little extra something something!
December Challenge – Making Abs Fun Again, Day 7
Whoa! I’ve been slacking on the December Challenge. Sorry! But here’s a fun new ab exercise to try called The Twist (hahah, these photos are uber dorky). Courtesy of Self Magazine.
- Lie faceup with legs lifted, knees bent, calves together and parallel to floor; rest broom between feet and knees, gripping bar with both hands.
- Maintain position as you lift shoulders and head off floor and twist torso to left (as shown).
- Then twist to the right, for one rep.
- I did 25 reps on each side.
I liked The Twist because holding the broom helped me keep my core centered and prevented my hips from flailing around!
To recap, here’s the December Challenge so far:
- Day 1: Planks
- Day 2: Table Leg Leg Lift
- Day 3: Captain’s Chair
- Day 4: "V" Sit-Ups
- Day 5: Bicycle Crunches
- Day 6: X Obliques
- Day 7: The Twist
Have a wonderful day!