Morning! I hope you’re having a fabulous Saturday morning. I’m enjoying having the house to myself — it’s kind of like the calm before the storm. My mother and maid of honor come to town on Monday night!
Breakfast was a simple bowl of fruity oatmeal.
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 sliced banana
- Topping: blueberries, granola, 2 dried apricots
I am so glad blueberries are back in season (at least in Florida). They were on sale (two for $4) at the store this week!
New Year’s Resolutions 2009
I LOVE making New Year’s Resolutions (NYR). I make NYR every year, and I must say that I usually accomplish MOST of my resolutions (or at least put in an honest effort).
I tend to make both fitness and non-fitness resolutions. Yes, I always make more than 1 NYR!
My NYR for 2008 were:
- Plan the wedding! (Check!)
- Run a half marathon (Check!)
- Race in a triathlon (Check!)
- Write my book (I wrote a page of it and stopped)
Here’s the 10 most common NYR:
- Spend more time with friends or family.
- Lose weight
- Quit smoking
- Enjoy life more
- Quit drinking
- Get out of debt
- Learn something new
- Get organized
If you want to set an attainable NYR, follow these simple steps:
- Be realistic and set achievable goals.
- Only try to improve things you can control.
- Break down larger goals into smaller goals.
- If you want to change your behavior, choose alternative actions and include them as part of your resolution (i.e., I want to quit smoking, so I’m going to pick up running).
- Above all else, pick a resolution that you truly want to achieve, not just goals that other people want you to achieve!
My 2009 NYR are:
- Improve my 5K, 10K, 15k, and Half Marathon times.
- Be kind to my knees and take time off from running when necessary to prevent injury.
- Outline my book and write it!!!
- Save money to buy a house in two years.
My biggest resolution is to try to write my book. To make this a more achievable goal, I’m going to first outline it and then shoot to have several chapters written by my birthday (April 26). I think if I can get started, I’ll be fine…. but first I just need to get rolling!
What are your 2009 resolutions?