Good evening everyone!
Today was sooo relaxing. After my morning post, Future Husband gave me some acupuncture, and then he gave me a Tui Na massage. Tui Na is an ancient Chinese massage technique that’s been around for over 2,000 years. Tui Na massage removes blockages along the meridians of the body and stimulates the flow of qi and blood to promote healing.
After my massage, I had a little snack… a nice, juicy peach.
Future Husband and I watched the University of Miami game (which was sooo exciting, but disappointing). Around half-time, I made us lunch. Although baked tofu isn’t exactly the ideal football food, I think I may have perfected my recipe!
The Perfect Baked Tofu
Ingredients (for two portions):
- 2/3 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press excess liquid from tofu. Wrap several paper towels around tofu, and place tofu in between two plates. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut tofu in 1 inch by 1 inch pieces.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, mix EVOO, honey, chili powder, black pepper, and paprika.
- Microwave marinade for 35 seconds and stir thoroughly.
- Spray cooking sheet.
- Coat each piece of tofu in marinade and place on cooking sheet.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of tofu.
- Cook at 375 for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Viola! Enjoy!
We enjoyed our baked tofu with a portion of Kashi Pilaf and steamed veggies. It was delicious!
After lunch, Future Husband and I went to the dog park and tossed around a football. The doggies enjoyed playing with all the other poochies. 🙂
I had a Larabar sample before we left. The Pecan Pie flavor was delicious! These 100 calorie packs are perfect for snacking.
We were too pooped to do anything complicated for dinner. We both were hankering for soup and sammies. I made tiny grilled cheese sandwiches, Pacific Natural Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup, and a nice big salad.
The little sammies tasted lovely dipped in the soup! Yum!
Annnnd…. although I’ve had desert two days in a row already, I will probably be eating at least half of a chocolate bar later. I actually just calculated my calories burned/calories eaten to make sure I have ate enough today, and I need a few more. So… why not fill up my deficit with chocolate? 🙂
Tonight we’re going to watch a million episodes of Heroes, the Sex and the City movie, and Thursday’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy. That’s approximately 10 hours of TV, so we better get started. 🙂
Have a wonderful night!