Basically, the Grilled Elvis is a Grilled Banana Sandwich with the addition of almond butter. Elvis Presley liked to put bacon in his sandwiches, so maybe a meat-eater out there can try this with bacon and let me know if it’s good? I bet it would be (even I can admit that bacon is pretty yum)!
Ingredients (for one sandwich):
- 2 slices whole wheat toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Pre-heat a griddle to medium high and grease the pan.
- Slice a banana in half, lengthwise and widthwise so you have 4 pieces. Place in corner of griddle.
- Crack eggs and beat in a small dish. Make French toast by dipping the bread in the egg mix and putting on the griddle.
- Once one side cooks, flip bread and bananas. Put tablespoon of almond butter on one cooked side of bread (this helps it melt).
- Let other side of bread cook.
- Combine everything into a sandwich with the banana and almond butter in the middle.