Lazy Girl’s Cinnamon Bread French Toast
Oddly enough, I woke up with cinnamon rolls on my mind. I Googled the Pioneer Woman’s recipe and realized that I was missing key ingredients (like yeast), so I opted to create my own (lazy) version.
Ingredients (for two servings):
- Four pieces of whole wheat bread
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tablespoon of Earth Balance
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoon brown sugar
- Hit griddle and grease with butter or cooking spray
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl
- Dip each side of each toast into egg, as you normally would for French Toast
- Place on griddle
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in small, microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir thoroughly.
- Flip toast and pour sugar mixture on cooked top of two of the toasts.
- Wait thirty seconds and then put un-sugared toasts on top of the sugared toasts.
- Plate and serve.