This breakfast treat proves that decadent doesn’t mean unhealthy! And it reminds me so much of an ice cream and brownie sundae – with a special surprise in the middle. The baking process for the French toast makes it crunchy, not chewy as it would be if you cooked it on the griddle.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 serving Banana Soft Serve
- Cocoa powder
- Cherry on top!
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease bottom of glass casserole dish
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish
- Dredge one piece of bread in the egg mix as you normally would for French toast
- Place on dish and top with almond butter
- Repeat process with second piece of bread, placing on top of the first and pouring any leftover egg mix over the bread.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until top is firm.
- Remove from dish, plate, top with banana soft serve.
- To make chocolate sauce, combine honey and cocoa powder in a small bowl until it mixes thoroughly. Pour on top of sundae.
- Top with a cherry and enjoy!