- 1 and 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli (leafy parts only), rinsed and chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Generous pinch of pepper
- 1 can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cups mushroom soup (watch for MSG! I used Imagine brand)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the brown rice, sweet onion, broccoli, salt, pepper, beans, milk, egg, and cheese.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Pour 3/4 cup mushroom soup on top of casserole (evenly).
- Bake casserole for 45 minutes or until center is firm.
- Heat remaining mushroom soup in microwave or stovetop.
- Pour over casserole again.
- Slice and enjoy!