This dip works well as a side dish or even the ‘meat’ of a meal. Serve on toast or with crackers!
Ingredients (for 2 entree-sized servings or 4 side servings):
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 2 handfuls raw spinach, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whole canned black olives (no salt added)
- Lots and lots of hot sauce
- In a wok, combine the first four ingredients.
- Cook on medium high for 8 minutes (or until spinach is entirely wilted).
- Pour mix into large bowl, add pepper and hot sauce (to taste, but you can’t go wrong with adding a lot), and mash into a dip. Alternatively, you could put it into a food processor to make it all creamy, but I liked the chunks.
- Serve warm!