After a very restful (ha!) night, I am up and ready to go! Tune into The Today Show at 8:35 AM EST to see me and Meredith chat all things Operation Beautiful book. In the meantime, here are some guest posts from a few of the wonderful people who made a movement like Operation Beautiful possible.
Check out today’s stop on the Operation Beautiful Virtual Book Tour!
Today’s Virtual Book Tour stop is at That Wife. I really love That Wife because Jenna is SO different from me, but I feel like we’d still get a long. A LDS stay-at-home mom in her early 20’s, Jenna is never afraid to tackle hard topics and promote discussion on her blog. Stop by her blog to read what Jenna thinks about hiding behind the camera as she comes to term with her post-baby post. And she’s giving away a copy of the book!
In honor of the OB Book Release, women (and men) all over America and the world are submitting guest posts describing their own experiences, struggles, and triumphs over body image issues. To learn how to participate, check out this page.
Here are today’s featured posts:
- Therese: How I Began Running For Myself and Not For Others
- Tina: Your Body is Amazing – Top to Bottom
- Sara: I can’t do it all–but I can do something!
- Amanda: Change Your Body to Change Your Mind
- Caitlyn: Respect Your Body with Food
- Daniel: Thinner isn’t Always Healthier… or Happier (A Male Perspective)
- Rachel: The Biggest Surprises After Weight Loss
- Astrid: I Am My Passions, Not My Achievements
- Maria: Body Image – How the Introduction of Television has Changed the Fijian Culture
- Katie: Understanding Your Body Without the Scale
- Katherine: Learning to Love My Body As It Is, With Baby Steps
- Marissa: My Personal Journey Toward Greater Self Love
- Amy: Letting Go of Wedding Day Weight Pressure
- TheHealthyApron: Ignore Celebrity Standards and Honor Your Health
- Katie: How Ignoring the Number on the Scale Helped Lose Weight and Become Healthy
- Meleah: Love What Your Body Can Do
- Elizabeth: Is It Worth It To Get Rid of My Poochy Stomach?
- Stacy: The Power of Positivity
- Liz: How Better Food and Exercise Transformed My Mood
- Mandiee: The Beauty in Discovering Who You Are
- Gillian: Choosing How to See
- Kirsty: Time to Move Forward
- Michelle: My Journey to Love Food Again
- Jill: I Resolve to be Happy One Good Decision at a Time
- Stephanie: The Cinderella Syndrome and How a Pair of Shoes Can Change Your Life