Here’s a soup recipe that’s simple, fast, healthy, and oh-so-delicious!
Carrot Coconut Soup
Ingredients (Makes four servings):
- 8 large carrots, chopped into 1 inch segments
- 1/2 a head of broccoli, steamed removed
- 1/4 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- 4 cups of College Inn Culinary Broth Thai Coconut Curry
- Place carrots in boiling water and cook until soft (about 15 – 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli until soft.
- Place chopped onion in a heated wok with the EVOO and pepper. Cook until onion browns.
- In a blender, mix the broth, onion, drained broccoli, and drained carrots for 3 – 4 minutes until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
The recipe makes four servings. Here is the nutritional information:
The actual recipe has more sodium in it, because Nutrition Data does not have the statistics for the Coconut Broth in their database. However, the soup still packs 6 grams of fiber, 8 grams of protein, 491% of your Vitamin A requirement, and 129% of your Vitamin C requirement! WOW!
I enjoyed my cup of soup with crackers and cheese.
Crackers are always a perfect complement to a warm bowl of tasty soup!
What’s your absolute favorite soup? Mine is definitely French Onion!
Great way to add to a pre-made soup!
I made a carrot soup for dinner once and coincidentally caught a stomach flu shortly afterward. By association, I’ve never been able to tolerate carrot soup since. Oh well.
I love all soups, but I think split pea is my favorite. I used to eat Cambpell’s split pea soup all the time. Homemade is definitely better. I do like Healthy Choice clam chowder too.