Good evening! No run for me tonight (bletch — I’m very disappointed) because I worked until 6:30 and by the time I was done, it was dark, dark, DARK! It’s different if it’s light out when I leave, but I just feel funny doing a WHOLE run in the dark. Maybe tomorrow!
Work really puts a damper on my life. Can’t I just lounge around the house, plan my wedding, go for runs, eat good food, and sleep all day instead? Seriously.
Around 2:30, I had a snack…. you guessed it! Yogurt + granola.
I went back for other 1/2 a serving. 🙂
After work was done, I frantically cleaned the house because…. MY MOMMY IS COMING TO VISIT! My mom is super silly. She’s always the center of attention and the life of the party. Here she is posing with Marines at the Marine Corp Half Marathon in October:
Fun Facts About My Mom:
- She lives in Tennessee in a beautiful red brick house.
- She was runner-up prom queen in high school.
- Her dad helped build the atomic bomb in Oak Ridge, Tennessee in the 1940s.
- She gets drunk off 1/2 a beer.
- Last year, she lost 10 lbs. through portion control (go, Mom!)
- She eloped with her high school sweetheart when she was 19.
- She ate the same breakfast everyday for 10 years (bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jelly) and then switched to a new breakfast (Great Grains cereal), which she has eaten everyday since I was about 15.
- She would like to date a smart and funny Democrat who loves animals, attends a Unitarian church, reads for pleasure, and lives in the area. Any takers?
My mom is in town because my "working" bridal shower is on Saturday. The ladies will be helping me with favors, welcome bags, and programs. Tomorrow, my mom is going with me to my first dress fitting and my up-do hair trial. Yay!
After I cleaned and set up the guest room/home office for my mom, I made a quick and easy dinner.
I made a spinach salad with a giant glob of cottage cheese on top.
And on the side, I had good old fashioned "soup beans" (pinto beans), a total Southern classic. All that was missing was cornbread!
See you tomorrow AM! Maybe I’ll squeeze in a light run tomorrow even though I’m in the taper timeframe for my 10K on Sunday.
What’s a fun fact about your mother, father, brother, or sister?
Aww, so lovely that your mom is coming!!! Hooray!!! :0)
Love those soup beans – yum!!
My family is über-creative and talented; and hilarious 😀