Warm Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
This baked oatmeal recipe recalls the flavors and textures of warm apple pie, but it’s much healthier!
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 apple (I used Gala), chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pancake mix
- Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all but 1/3 chopped apple in microwaveable bowl and fill with water. Microwave for 1.5 minutes.
- Mix oatmeal, almond milk, microwaved apple, pancake mix, and spices and pour into mini casserole dish.
- Top with reminding apple and pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add brown sugar, and broil at 500 degrees for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!