Ptitim, or Israeli couscous, is a large wheat couscous-like product similar to the Italian orzo. Imagine regular couscous on steroids! This breakfast is fresh, summery, and light but filling.
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 1/2 cup Ptitim, raw
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Drizzle honey
- Fruits: nectarine, blueberries, raspberries
- Sunflower seeds for topping
- In a small saucepan, combine ptitim and water and cook on high until all the water is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and mix in maple syrup.
- On greased cookie sheet, spread out the ptitim and broil on high for 4 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Wash and slice fruit.
- Combine cooled ptitim, fruit, sunflower seeds and a drizzle of honey,