My go-to tofu recipe. You cannot go wrong with these easy, sweet, spicy marinade.
Ingredients (for two portions):
- 2/3 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press excess liquid from tofu. Wrap several paper towels around tofu, and place tofu in between two plates. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut tofu in 1 inch by 1 inch pieces.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, mix EVOO, honey, chili powder, black pepper, and paprika.
- Microwave marinade for 35 seconds and stir thoroughly.
- Spray cooking sheet.
- Coat each piece of tofu in marinade and place on cooking sheet.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of tofu.
- Cook at 375 for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Viola! Enjoy!