Strawberry Fields Breakfast Quinoa
What makes this dish really sing? The play of savory and sweet from the combination of balsamic reduction and strawberries.
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 1 serving quinoa, dry
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 serving sweetened nuts (I used honey sesame cashews)
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar for reducing
- Boil quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice strawberries. Set aside.
- In another small pot, bring balsamic vinegar to boil and reduce it (takes about 5 minutes, it will become thick and oily).
- Once quinoa is finished, drain any excess liquid and mix in nuts, maple syrup, and strawberries. Plate.
- Pour balsamic reduction over the top.