Because pancakes are just for breakfast!
Ingredients (for 4 pancakes / 2 servings):
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pancake mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canned sundried tomato
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used a basil and tomato flavored feta cheese)
- 2 dashes pepper
- 4 dashes chili pepper
- Sprinkle salt
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed, drained, and warmed
- Wash sweet potato, stab with fork, wrap in paper towel, and microwave for 4 â€“ 5 minutes until soft. Remove and peel off skin.
- Chop softened sweet potato into tiny chunks.
- Mix potato and all other ingredients (except black beans) in a medium bowl.
- Heat and grease a pancake griddle.
- Scoop out pancake mix into 4 medium-sized pancakes.
- Cook on both sides, plate, and top with black beans.