The secret to savory oatmeal is CHEESE, whether it be cottage cheese or regular shredded cheese. Cheese rules!
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canned dark red kidney beans, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup broc, chopped into small pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese, plus extra for topping
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Mix kidney beans, carrots, and broc in EVOO and roast for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- When kidney beans and veggies are done, put the oatmeal, water, and salt and pepper into a pot and cook on the stovetop on Medium High until the water evaporates.
- Add kidney beans and veggies to cooked oatmeal.
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour into a pretty dish and top with more cheese.