The most interesting part of this dish? The quinoa is raw! The sauce is crucial because the casserole is slightly dry without it. I don’t like gooey casseroles as much as denser, firm dishes, so I really enjoyed this.
Ingredients (for three servings):
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup raw quinoa
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Dash of pepper
- Topping: Pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- In a wok, stirfry the broccoli until it begins to brown.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients + broccoli except the pasta sauce. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove and slice.
- Top with pasta sauce and enjoy!