The secret is not to overbake these fries. And this recipe works well with parsnips fries or sweet potato fries as well!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 large yucca root
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel yucca root and cut into fry-sized pieces.
- Mix orange zest, chili powder, salt and pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add in yucca fries and stir, coating entirely.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes MAX (parsnips or sweet potatoes will take longer).