Cheeseless Pasta Bake
Sometimes it’s hard to come up with casseroles that don’t involve cheese (which the Husband doesn’t eat anymore). He will, however, eat hummus and eggs, which when combined, create a yummy, creamy, cheese-like affect.
Ingredients (for three servings):
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta, boiled per package directions and drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup hummus (I used a white bean hummus)
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped thinly
- 10 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 large handful of grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- Sprinkle of salt
- Pasta sauce to top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease three small ramekins.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for pasta sauce.
- Pour mix evenly into ramekins and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until egg is firm.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with pasta sauce.