Sometimes it’s hard to come up with casseroles that don’t involve cheese (which the Husband doesn’t eat anymore). He will, however, eat hummus and eggs, which when combined, create a yummy, creamy, cheese-like affect.
Ingredients (for three servings):
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta, boiled per package directions and drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup hummus (I used a white bean hummus)
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped thinly
- 10 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 large handful of grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- Sprinkle of salt
- Pasta sauce to top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease three small ramekins.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for pasta sauce.
- Pour mix evenly into ramekins and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until egg is firm.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with pasta sauce.