Ingredients (for 6 enchiladas):
- 4 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash (enough to fill a standard food processor before blending)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 11 oz. can of corn, drained
- 1 can salsa verde
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- After peeling and chopping the squash, place in greased casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes or until soft to the touch (but not mushy).
- Put butternut squash chunks in food processor. Blend until mostly smooth but not super creamy.
- Scoop squash into bowl and add 1/4 cup salsa, can of drained corn, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix it up!
- Re-grease casserole dish.
- Lay out a tortilla on a plate and scoop in 3/4 cup on the squash mix. Roll firmly and place in casserole dish. Repeat 5 more times.
- Pour entire can of salsa verde on top, covering the tortillas evenly.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, remove, and serve over a bed of spinach.