Time saving tip: I made the muffins the night before and the sauce this morning.
(Makes 5 muffins; adapted from this recipe)
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the pudding:
- 6 ounces raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine water and raisins in a small pot and bring to boil for 5 minutes, stirring. Add baking soda at the last minute.
- Meanwhile, whisk butter and sugar until peaks form.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add eggs to butter mix while mixing.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mix while mixing.
- Add in raisins, beat on high for several minutes.
- Grease cupcake tins and pour mix into 5 of the tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile (or the next morning if you made the muffins the night before), combine all ingredients for the pudding in a small pot and heavily boil for 15 minutes or so, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let stand until it thickens.
- Pour sauce over top of muffins and top with fruit.