I am a huge fan of drier pasta dishes like this Braised Cabbage Pasta; this was a little too dry for the Husbandâ€™s taste.
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 2 servings Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups green cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup red wine (I used zinfandel)
- 2 cups whole wheat spaghetti
- Chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After trimming and halving Brussel sprouts, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- While Brussel sprouts roast, slice tofu into thin pieces. Preheat George Foreman and place slices on the grill.
- While tofu cooks (for about 5 minutes) and the Brussel sprouts continue to roast, bring a pot of water to boil and heat up a wok to high.
- Toss cabbage in a bit of oil olive and add to the hot wok. Cook until the cabbage begins to brown.
- After 5 minutes, add a generous amount of salt, pepper, and a dash of chili powder to cabbage. Add red wine and mushrooms.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Cook cabbage for 15 minutes total and pasta for 10 minutes.
- Combine Brussel sprouts, tofu, pasta, cabbage, and mushrooms. Plate and enjoy!