Good morning! I’m pretty pleased to report that my abs are NOT sore this AM from my mini-ab workout last night. Considering the last time I did crunches was oh…. 6 weeks ago!…. this is quite a feat. Maybe I’ll even try to do some more tonight. 🙂
I’m determined to have a better outlook on today than I did yesterday. I just feel overwhelmed between work, the wedding, my commitment to running, the holistic website, and Future Husband’s busy schedule (does it make sense that his busy life makes ME feel overwhelmed?!).
I read a few passages from "The Power of Now" last night, and it definitely uplifted my spirits. If you haven’t read this book yet, YOU SHOULD! A particular passage struck home for me, and I’d like to share it with you:
"The greater part of human pain is unnecessary. It is self-created as long as the unobserved mind runs your life. The pain that you create now is always some form of nonacceptance, some form of unconscious resistance to what is [the Now]…. The more you are able to honor and accept the Now [as opposed to the illusion of the past and the future], the more you are free of pain, of suffering — and free of the egoic mind."
"If you no longer want to create pain for yourself and others, if you no longer want to add to the residue of past pain that still lives on in your mind, then don’t create any more time, or at least no more than is necessary to deal with the practical aspects of your life. How to stop creating time? Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life. … Surrender to what is: Say "yes" to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you."
Breakfast – Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
I woke up absolutely CRAVING oatmeal. I think I had the pot cooking before I was even actually awake.
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 slice banana
- Toppings: 1 – 2 tablespoons raisins, 1 tablespoon Grape Nuts, and a sprinkle of cinnamon
Today might be a two-cup coffee kind of day, but so far, one cup is doing just fine!
Oh yes, and I was tagged by a few of you lovely ladies over the weekend! Here are the rules:
- Link back to the blog that originally tagged you
- Post the rules on your blog
- Tell your readers 7 random things about you
- Leave a comment on your chosen blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
- Let your tagger know when you’ve posted your entry
So here are my facts:
- When I was 13, I was obsessed with the X-Files and even went to an X-Files convention. I’m a loser.
- Witch hazel has been helping my breakouts! No more zits!
- Our dogs are named Margaret Britney Spears Thatcher and James Barack Obama Bond. James was given his middle name last week. 🙂
- I have been to Europe three times (on my own dollar, mostly) and have traveled to: England, France, Spain, Czech Repulican, Hungary, Austria, Italy, and Germany. London was the best.
- I hate to be touched while I sleep.
- My middle name is tattooed onto my hip. It’s also my mother’s name.
- Our first daughter will be named Claire, and she will share my middle name.
- Jen at Running With Food
- Sammie at Running With a Recipe
- Erica at Itzy’s Kitchen
- Lindsey at Life According to Mrs. LC
- (Sorry, that’s not 7, but I’m lazy!)
Do you have a favorite philosopher? I love Eckhart Tolle (the author of The Power of Now) because he’s so modern and young. Plus, he doesn’t subscribe to any particular religion, so I can really identity with his writings.