Remember when we went apple picking with our friends?
Well, we ended up with a ton of apples – of course! And after eating a few whole, I knew that I needed to get creative in the kitchen before they all went off. I wanted a yummy snack with only a few ingredients – something fun to eat but healthy, too. And so I whipped up this grain-free apple crisp.
Unlike other apple crisps, which are of course packed with added sugar, this one only has one source of sweetness – the apples themselves! Apples have such a delicious flavor when baked. I added a scoop of plain Greek yogurt to the side and the whole thing was very reminiscence of apple pie à la Mode!
- 3 apples (I used two Gala and one Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Optional: Plain Greek Yogurt on the side
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a glass pie dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Cut the apples into slices and arrange in the dish.
- Melt the coconut oil. Mix in cinnamon and nuts, coating the nuts thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over the top of the apples.
- Cover with foil and make for 40 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!