You know what I hate about most cookbooks? The really, really long ingredient lists for things that are suppose to be simple. And I never have 2/3 of the items in my pantry, which means I’d have to go out and buy $15 worth of spices just to make a simple almond butter sauce. Cooking shouldn’t be that complicated. Or intimidating.
Complex, this is not… But it certainly is delicious. And that’s what you come to Healthy Tipping Point for, right? 🙂
Simple Almond Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons rice milk (or regular milk)
- Heavy sprinkle of chili powder
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Sprinkle of salt
- In a small pot over low heat, combine all ingredients and stir constantly until the liquid combines totally.
- Don’t overcook! Keep your eye on it!
- Pour over noodle dish.
My noodle dish included 1/3 block of firm baked tofu, a serving of whole wheat spaghetti, and roasted broccoli.
Easy, easy, easy. I like easy!
There is more writing to be done… Write, write, write! Story of my life. 🙂