1. Tell everyone you know you’re going to form a new habit (like the Intro to Iron Pumping Challenge).
2. Set an attainable, realistic goal (like lift weights three times a week following a clearly organized plan).
3. Don’t set yourself up to fail (like by promising you’ll lift five days a week!). Oh, and don’t beat yourself up when you actually fail. It’s OK.
4. Make yourself do the new habit for at least two months. Just do it! Two months of lifting, running, yoga, walking, whatever – it won’t kill you. It’s just two months.
5. After that, you likely have a new habit. Congrats!
Clearly, I had to talk myself into doing the Intro to Iron Pumping Challenge Workout tonight, but I am so glad I did. Around 7 PM, I looked up from my work and realized if I didn’t leave for the gym RIGHT NOW, it was never going to happen. So, I stood up and left. I didn’t really want to go – but I’m trying to form a new habit!
Day 6: Back and Biceps
- Warm Up: 5 minutes of cardio
- Seated Row: 3 x 12 with 45 pound weights
- Lat pulldown: 3 x 12 with 45 pound weights
- Stability Ball Ys and Ts (alternate between “Y” and “T”): 2 x12 for “Y” and 2 x 12 for “T”
- 21s: 1 set of 21’s with 30 pounds; 1 set of 21’s with 20 pounds
- Stability Ball Back extension: Skipped this move
- Frog crunches: 10 crunches
- Hammer curls: 3 X 12 with 5 pounds
- Oblique V-up: 30 crunches for each side with 5 pound weight
I felt a little awkward in the weights area today. I haven’t really gone to the gym so late at night on a weekday and was surrounded by super muscley men. I consoled myself by wearing my marathon tech tee. :) It made me feel a wee bit more badass as I did the seated row.
Came home and made dinner:
Kind of an odd dinner: 1.5 serving of baked beans, roasted mushrooms with soy sauce, roasted potatoes with ketchup, and a mini whole wheat bagel with cheese.
Roasted mushrooms are GOOD!
My pre-workout snack was a bunch of almonds:
My mid-afternoon snacks included PB toast:
And an orange:
It’s time for… AMERICAN IDOL!
What are the keys to forming a new good habit?