Good morning! The sky looks so heavy and full. James was sitting outside with me, and he could smell rain.
I’m glad I have one smart furchild.
I woke up around 5:50 AM, which was so lovely. I haven’t been getting up early (like I used to), opting to stay up late and work. But I really enjoy being the first one awake, walking around the house in the dark, and watching the sun come up outside my window.
I made a special breakfast:
Baked Banana and Goji Berry Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup + two tablespoons rice milk
- 1 sliced banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Mix together all ingredients except brown sugar.
- Pour mix into greased single-serving ramekin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with brown sugar and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
So, so delicious. It was fun to eat a “special” weekend-style breakfast on a weekday.
It actually tasted a lot like banana bread.
Full day ahead! Better get cracking.