Dinner was a total disaster!
Per the Learn to Luv Veggies Challenge, I tried to make Eggplant and Potato "pancakes," but they just ended up a gooey, sticky mess! I won’t even share the recipe for fear that someone else will create them and have to eat them!
My Eggplant and Potato Pancakes included (two servings):
- 4-inch portion of eggplant
- 8 small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 piece of toast
All thrown into the food processor (I grilled the eggplant and potatoes first), shaped into pancakes, and cooked on the griddle.
I also had a salad and a cup of Butternut Squash soup (Wolfgang Puck brand) on the side. I ended up smothering the pancakes in ketchup, which helped.
Major fail! Oh well. That’s what happens sometimes when you experiment in the kitchen!
Other snacks of the day included crackers and cream cheese:
And unpictured handful of granola.
And a plum:
I’m pretty hungry still, considering my hard run this morning. I might go back for some granola or PB toast.
When I got out of class today, the sun was still out! Always an awesome feeling (on Tuesday and Thursdays, I’m there until 9 PM!).
And I posted this Operation Beautiful note in a bathroom (yes, I rock sunglasses inside).
POM Wonderful Harvest Tour!
Fun announcement! Towards the end of October, I’ll be traveling to Fresno, California to visit POM Wonderful.
We are going to see the pomegranate trees and tour the factory! I love POM Wonderful juice; plus, POM Wonderful was a Healthy Living Summit sponsor! Go, POM!
Fun facts about POM Wonderful:
- A 2005 study published in the American Journal of Cardiology showed improved blood flow to the heart in patients drinking 8oz. daily of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice for 3 months.
- Many scholars now suggest that it was a pomegranate, not an apple, depicted in the biblical Garden of Eden.
- POM Wonderful is packed with antioxidants! Emerging science has shown that diets rich in fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants, along with regular exercise, might slow or help prevent the development of cancer.
- And in case you need a little something-something in the bedroom… Compared to participants taking a placebo, those men drinking 8oz. of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice daily for four weeks were 50% more likely to experience improved erections. Wahoo!
- Ancient Greeks believed it was Aphrodite that planted the first Pomegranate tree in Cyrus. Many cultures consider Pomegranates to be a symbol of love and fertility.
Three cheers for POM Wonderful! I cannot wait to see the "vineyards" of Pomegranates!